Re: Thanks all for your help and ideas

> >Gnube wrote: >> >> Thanks to every one for their help over the last few days. >> >> I've ordered a Freud 7 1/4" saw and 40T Freud Pro blade. Also an >> Axminster mitreboard. > >Good choice, I'm particularly fond of Freud blades myself. > >Nick

It arrived about an hour and half ago! And it looks great so far.

These things are absolutely huge - even the most fervent imagining of a 7 1/4 inch saw and blade simply can not do the reality of them justice.

How the hell am I going to be careful with such a huge item!?

Dremels are my more my normal area & scale of operations - but THIS!

Take Care, Gnube

Reply to
Gnube

Too right, and I had a 10" SCMS on my list at one point too, must have been barking that day TBH! ;O)

Well I had a bit of fun and games getting the old one out and the new one in (instructions could have said THAT's how you do it, but they don't!) I got the blade stuck fast and could not discover where it was binding, so that I could solve it for a while! Was dead worried I was going to screw machine and blade before making a single cut!

Figured it out in the end, there is just one particular but not all that obvious way to approach it, or so it would seem.

Finally tried it and you are so right, a very nice blade producing a fine finish to the cut. The mitreboard also arrived later on in the day. It's a bit of a disappointment in that the build quality could so easily have been much better than it is, but it only affects it in a cosmetic way, tried a cut with it and this is going to work for sure! I may make a couple of copies of it in MDF or similar as I can see way to us this concept on the router and a few other tools may get modified versions of it too. Good value in terms of doing the job rather poor value in the presentation sadly. The price was £40 the presentation suggested half that would be more than fair, and I suppose £30 would be fairer all things considered. Unless they tidy them up, in which case £40 is just about ok, given how easy it makes a really good cut possible for even a genuine novice making their first cut ever. The best news is that once you have one, you got a template for as many more as you can dream up variations for! ;O)

All in all great stuff I think!

Take Care, Gnube

Reply to
Gnube