Re: Taps on basin keep moving

My current recipe is to apply a gob of plumber's mait (I should get commission on the stuff :-) to taps when fitting, also a washer (bit of 22mm plastic pipe, sliced to about 3mm length) to centre it better (as you've done), discard rubber washers and tighten hand tight with box spanner. They won't resist a determined twisting at first but over the months & years as the mait hardens it should become pretty solid.
You could cheat and apply gripfill instead of mait. You could go ballistic and use Araldite ;-)
-- John Stumbles -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ -+ Bob the builder / it'll cost yer Bob the builder / loadsa dosh
John Stumbles wrote:

Or car body filler.
Another trick is to put a ply plate on the sink rear.