Re: Small ensuite shower room - mosaic tiles pros & cons

A friend has done something similiar in her bathroom last month and it looks stunning. Their's cost a fortune, got a designer in. (Well for them!). I love them too, but thats one whole load of grout. And when it gets faded, stained, mildewed etc, it. I was in Homebase today and looked at mosaic style tiles about 8"x8", they would only have the grout that ordinary tiles have, but they are not as nice are they? I spotted a link to "Waterproof Wall Panels" from a local bathroom suppliers site and thought it looked interesting. Some of them are a bit Hyacinth or for the gold fittings brigade, but others are quite contemporary.
http://www.norske-int.co.uk /

SC wrote:

I've used the norske mermaid panels in the bathroom and kitchen, and they are superb - highly recommended.
We fancy a change for the ensuite, hence the tiles.
--
Grunff

Oh thanks, good to know. What type/colour did you go for in the kitchen?

suppliers
or
SC wrote:

Dark marbled blue/green with specs of gold (barely visible).
--
Grunff

They look interesting - sadly the website doesnt seem to have any hint as to the prices of the panels - do you remember roughly what they cost ?
--
Richard Tibbitt
Strathdon, Scotland
Richard Tibbitt wrote:

Got mine from local builder's merchant - about 90 for an 8'x4'.
--
Grunff

This is the bottom line for me too, conventional tiles probably have less than 1% of area as grout, mosaics, 10% or more; I'd rather the surface I was cleaning was glazed over as much as possible, particularly in a shower where you're sluicing off all those nasty bi-products of toil :-/. That said, they can look fabulous.
--
fred