Re: Small ensuite shower room - mosaic tiles pros & cons

A friend has done something similiar in her bathroom last month and it looks stunning. Their's cost a fortune, got a designer in. (Well for them!). I love them too, but thats one whole load of grout. And when it gets faded, stained, mildewed etc, it. I was in Homebase today and looked at mosaic style tiles about 8"x8", they would only have the grout that ordinary tiles have, but they are not as nice are they? I spotted a link to "Waterproof Wall Panels" from a local bathroom suppliers site and thought it looked interesting. Some of them are a bit Hyacinth or for the gold fittings brigade, but others are quite contemporary.

Hi all, > > We're building a small ensuite shower room in one of the > bedrooms. I intend to tile the whole thing, floor and walls > including shower "tray". > > I'm going to build the walls out of 3/4" WBP, and line the floor > with same (flexible floorboards). > > I'm thinking of using glass mosaic tiles (~inch square) for the > whole thing. > > Never used mosaic tiles before, but quite fancy it in this > situation. > > Any thoughts/ideas on mosaic tiles? Also, any recommendations of > suppliers (I've googled, but I'd like actual recommendations if > possible). > > TIA > > -- > Grunff >
Reply to
SC

and they are superb - highly recommended.

We fancy a change for the ensuite, hence the tiles.

Reply to
Grunff

Dark marbled blue/green with specs of gold (barely visible).

Reply to
Grunff

In article , SC writes

This is the bottom line for me too, conventional tiles probably have less than 1% of area as grout, mosaics, 10% or more; I'd rather the surface I was cleaning was glazed over as much as possible, particularly in a shower where you're sluicing off all those nasty bi-products of toil :-/. That said, they can look fabulous.

Reply to
fred

They look interesting - sadly the website doesnt seem to have any hint as to the prices of the panels - do you remember roughly what they cost ?

Reply to
Richard Tibbitt

Got mine from local builder's merchant - about £90 for an 8'x4'.

Reply to
Grunff