Re: Securing patio doors

http://www.diynot.com/pages/hs/hs018.php
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

It's been ages since I touched a patio. Check you can't lift it off the rail. It should have a block to prevent that. Any sort of device that stops it being opened will do for the rest, I think. A set of removable blocks or a length of lath to wedge it closed. If you wanted to you could wind the wheels up and lift the unit out and put pieces of wood into the hollows where you want the locks to fit. They aught to be a little loose and secured with silicone or gripfill.
If it was me I'd use self tappers and a hasp and staple then a # good padlock.
Hi
I see you recommend a sliding lock but do you have any more details.. suppliers/manufacturers etc?
Thanks

one,
hollow,
When the insurance company wanted the house brought up to Fort Knox standards, before they would even consider insuring the place for a 90 day absence (some years ago), I bought some simple patio door locks from Wickes. Mounted in the appropriate positions they are very good at resisting lateral and vertical movement. Regards Capitol
Brad wrote in message ...

doors
I have patio door lock but as Mike said fitting one to a hollow aluminium patio door is not easy .. are there any alternatives?