Re-routing toilet cistern overflow pipe.

We have had a couple of cracked cisterns over the years and the current one was not fitted too well (by plumber). The overflow pipe has been forced into position and is getting in the way of some new "boxing-in" which is in progress.

oflo2 - oflo5 for slightly different views.
would like to route the pipe between the wall and the basin waste pipe. Can I bend 21.5mm plastic pipe to joggle it (hot air gun)? There is only a 2" offset between the tank connector and the hole in the wall so not room for just 2 90degree bends (whose legs are about 2" long each). Alternative would be a bent tank connector to (say) 6" horizontal pipe then bend to vertical then bend back to the wall hole. || //====// || \\===O

I know that you can get syphons with internal overflows but I prefer to use the

3-piece units which allow easier replacement of the flap diaphragm.

Geo

Reply to
Geo

solvent weld connectors are generally shorter, could do a short vertical drop to a single 45 degree bend, then on to the existing 90 degree elbow? You'd need to rotate the elbow a bit (or replace it if it's welded)

Reply to
Andy Burns

Must admit, my first thought was HepFlex (about 3/4 down this page ). Unfortunately only available in 32 and 40 mm - not 21.5 (or close). By the time you step up/down sizes it would be getting pretty unmanageable but I thought I'd post in case there is anything similar out there in a more appopriate size.

Reply to
Rod

Alternatively, you can get 135 deg solvent weld joints for that kind of pipe. With that, you could mabe squeeze it behind the other waste pipe.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

You might get away with combination of some washing machine waste hose & other fittings to make a flexible connector.

Reply to
John Stumbles

=================================== You could probably use one of these in conjunction with a T-piece:

sizes / patterns are available if you browse the shelves.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Given that trade off I reckon the internal overflow wins hands down in this example. How often do you change a diaphragm?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

OK - gotta thank you chaps as usual for a variety of ideas which I will have a closer look at. BTW I hate working on plumbing - hardly looked at the damn thing and got weeping at the downpipe and a bead of water on the screw of the stop valve...

Geo

Reply to
Geo