Re: RFD uk.d-i-y

I noticed that Message-ID: from John Briggs contained the following:

Sure. It's just that I doubt it would be easy to remove uk.d-i-y

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

I noticed that Message-ID: from The Natural Philosopher contained the following:

nah, alt.sheds.qb.it.lbhefrys

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

In message , Geoff Berrow writes

That's odd. I could have sworn that "rec" stood for recreation.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

There are many "DIY" recreations. Allegedly.

Reply to
John Bean

One particular one being by people who want to meddle with the structure of news groups which are working perfectly well just for the sake of it.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Sigh. Acute irony deficiency. Never mind.

Reply to
John Bean

Depends on *who* did the bodge^Wdiy in the first place...

It may just fall over if you blow on it..

Reply to
Paul Carpenter

I noticed that Message-ID: from John Bean contained the following:

Irony is for amateurs, for a proper job you need steely.

Reply to
Geoff Berrow

Ralph Corderoy in :

I posted the message around 2 months ago, I was not the original poster, but mearly crossposted the message to the apropriate place. Personally I am not really bothered about what happens to the group, though I admit DIY looks better than D-I-Y to me anyway.

Andrew.

Reply to
Andrew Hodgson

Errr - you tell me!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Indeed, I'll object to the second part now to save time later.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Go find an adequate news reader then.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

At which time this is not an issue, as it's not work.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

It's not going to happen. Thread ends, move along now, nothing to see here.

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

You've got a /great/ name to be saying that, Paul!

[fx:waves]
Reply to
Brian {Hamilton Kelly}

No, though this ng has helped me with a few problems in work in the past! I must admit I was thinking of news access in general though.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

's my point - it was theoretically got rid of years ago when sci.electronics.* were created, but poeple still post to it and google archives it.

Reply to
Chris Hodges

^^^^^^^^^^ It may well be doing that before falling over....

Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Sorry, Chris... I thought you were disagreeing with my point that old newsgroups never die!! David

Reply to
Lobster

That's quite all right - I should have made it clearer!

Reply to
Chris Hodges