Re: RFD uk.d-i-y

Page 5 of 8
Andrew Hodgson wrote:

Its obvious from titles what each thread is about, by splitting the group you would just isolate peole into area where each query would recieve less than normal traffic.
However a group fpr IMM alone might be an improvement.
uk.d-i-y.chips.on.my.shoulder or something.

uk.diy.anti-physics

More like uk.d-i-y.not.for.snotty.uni.grads
Cheers Clive
tnp> However a group fpr IMM alone might be an improvement.tnp> uk.d-i-y.chips.on.my.shoulder or something.
He can't have one, the aristocracy owns all the group names.
--
Mail me as snipped-for-privacy@MYLASTNAME.org.uk _O_
|<

Indeed so. uk.d-i-y is a "legacy" group, from the days when uk.* was less organized than it is now. If you want to start adding subgroups beneath it without creating a uk.rec.d-i-y subhierarchy first, then you would need to convince the Committee first that such would be in accord with a sensible hierarchical structure.
Tel: +44 161 436 6131 Fax: +44 161 436 6133 Web: http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~chl
Lindsey contained the following:

They would only have to say 'uk.telecom'.
--
Geoff Berrow
It's only Usenet, no one dies.

But then we could go a step further and have westlothian.d-i-y.plumbing, ssarf-lunnun.d-i-y.electrical.not
--
geoff

Don't forget uk.d-i-y.yorkshire as well.
Paul.
--
A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality

JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.
Paul Harper wrote:

-- Big Egg My name is not "news". If you reply to that address, I won't get it Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff: http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/honyaservices
Paul Harper wrote:

uk.local.yorkshire.do-it-thee-sen
everytime I ask ar lass to do owt, she tells me to "do it yourself" -- Big Egg My name is not "news". If you reply to that address, I won't get it Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff: http://www.stores.ebay.co.uk/honyaservices
[...]

Nah, we'd never waste valuable breath on that in Yorkshire. It'd be "do it thissen". Actually, if my Yorkshire landlord is anything to go by, it's "not do it at all".

The solution to this is to replace the old boiler with a newer model.

But then you'd need uk.d-i-y.compression as well.....
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

Bad Man.
Ali

Which opens the door for uk.d-i-y.berkshire
--
Mathematicians, please don't drink and derive.

uk.d-i-y.borsetshire, anyone?
Adam
--
: The hierarchy is excessive.
So is the anarchy. :-)

Berks and bores. Hm, I think I know a few posters like that. :): ) :)
Ali

[...]
I do hope you were excluding assembled company. ;-)
Right, where's that bottle of Muscadet gone?
Adam
--
"You can't have filenames longer than 14 chars.
You can't even think about them!"

Sorry - it was empty so I threw it out. Would you like some of this excellent Port we're working our way through right now?
The Indian's been ordered and there's plenty to go around.
Paul.
--
A .sig is all well and good, but it's no substitute for a personality

JMS: "SFX is a fairly useless publication on just about every imaginable front.

I have this vision of the Restaurant at the End of The Universe, and the Dish of the Day wearing a turban, and saying "Innit!"
Ali

No, no thank you, I don't think I fancy drinking something that's been "passed" by another! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}