Re: RFD uk.d-i-y

As actor Graham Stark might have put it; Well............ ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

In article , Christian McArdle writes

If you kept it just to motorways where that doesn't apply, it wouldn't be a problem.

Where will we go for our consultancy fee when this proposal turns up in a government discussion paper next year?

Reply to
John Eastwood

In message , Owain writes

Thanks Owain, more good points.

Reply to
Mike Clayton

I thought I had, I put the lorries and taxis in there first, so there would be something there to wipe out the lawyers and accountants etc. in day two; they were in "head on" configuration when last I figured it out!

You wouldn't get lawyers on day one, it being a Saturday, they'd be on a course (a golf course) doing some insider trading or somesuch. I seem to have forgotten to include human resources people though. Thanks for the revisit, can't have them escaping while we're so close solving it all! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Contact the Marquis of Queensbury. He sets the rules......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Me too. The diversity is part of the fun.

Reply to
OldScrawn

Reply to
alex_sh

????

Is that not the definition of a dual carriageway? One road where traffic goes in one direction and another road, separated from the first, upon which traffic moves in the other direction? Does it really matter when the road upon which you are travelling is already, effectively, one way?

Reply to
Alan LeHun

In message , PoP writes

No I think you probably hit them all

Reply to
geoff

You're right of course, silly me

Reply to
geoff

In message , Charles Lindsey writes

But then we could go a step further and have westlothian.d-i-y.plumbing, ssarf-lunnun.d-i-y.electrical.not

Reply to
geoff

The longest thread ever was the metric one not long back which attracted posters from all over the world. And I never started it and only posted once or twice - drat!!

Reply to
IMM

Like your obsession with tools that cost the earth.

It went on for decades.

Reply to
IMM

Not really. Just a preference for good return on investment.

There are some very simple principles:

"There is hardly anything in the world that a man can not make a little worse and sell a little cheaper. And people who consider price alone are this man's lawful prey."

"It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money.....that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do.

The Common Law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot...it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better."

John Ruskin

There's nothing to say to that is there?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Like £160 to put a shelf up.

That is a big assumption it doesn't do what it says on the box.

Reply to
IMM

Good value if it's for multiple good quality shelves that were made and fitted.

It's why he says "sometimes".

I prefer not to be "lawful prey". Life is too short.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

You mean he's white tight and outta sight?

Reply to
geoff

Don't forget uk.d-i-y.yorkshire as well.

Paul.

Reply to
Paul Harper

-- Big Egg My name is not "news". If you reply to that address, I won't get it Visit my ebay shop for welding and tools and stuff:

bigegg

uk.local.yorkshire.do-it-thee-sen

everytime I ask ar lass to do owt, she tells me to "do it yourself"