Re: RFD uk.d-i-y

Page 3 of 8

German traffic reports about a ghost driver on the A9 pr somewhere
--
geoff

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 16:12:49 +0100, "Christian McArdle"

A good many of them don't work forwards either from what I hear on the travel reports on the radio. ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

I was going to suggest odd numbered number plates one week and even numbers the next, but I suppose it'll do.
Christian.
"Christian McArdle" wrote | > As in trucks one week and cars the next? | I was going to suggest odd numbered number plates one week and even numbers | the next, but I suppose it'll do.
Perhaps it could be piloted in Scotland first, like the Poll Tax, or in certain big cities like London and then Edinburgh, like the Congestion Charge.
It might be better if the Highways Agency changed the motorways and major trunk roads first, with the local councils changing the minor roads at a later date. This would give them more time to update the many more signs there are on minor roads.
Owain

ah> As in trucks one week and cars the next? Still too abrupt. I think people should be told to drive 1 inch further to the right each day until they are all in the right hand lane.
Or maybe it would be better if everyoine drove on the other side for the first 5 minutes of their journey the first day, 10 minutes the second etc. until they were used to it.
--
Mail me as snipped-for-privacy@MYLASTNAME.org.uk _O_
|<
Hi Richard Caley In you wrote:

You've not been on the M25 recently.... It was like driving in the continent....
--
Fishter
unhook to mail me | http://www.fishter.org.uk /

of the road so that they didn't get so confused
--
geoff

geoff

I thought I had, I put the lorries and taxis in there first, so there would be something there to wipe out the lawyers and accountants etc. in day two; they were in "head on" configuration when last I figured it out!
You wouldn't get lawyers on day one, it being a Saturday, they'd be on a course (a golf course) doing some insider trading or somesuch. I seem to have forgotten to include human resources people though. Thanks for the revisit, can't have them escaping while we're so close solving it all! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

geoff

They're called 'Human Capital' now, tragically enough.
Cheers,
Phil Young

That's as maybe, but round these parts they're regarded as vermin! Poison, traps, spring guns, lead-shot, throwing axe and bow are all considered fair use for eradication ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Nuke them from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Phil Young. (Posting from Agent running under Wine under Mandrake 9.1)

Hmm.... not sure, it's quite good, but you can't see them go, so not so sure they've really gone! I know they've gone when I hear "that certain scream"! ;O)

<Tony Hancock/on>
Ah, yes dear old Mandy, I recall her well, that was the one where, during install, it said "vart vous voulez installed then mon brahhherv??" I said "servers", it said "vart? all uv dem, err yew nuts?" I said, "Yes, all of them, it's a server" it said "OK, instolleeeng, CeeDee2 silvousplait, CeeDee3 silvousplait, pif! eet ees doon!" I said, "great, really impressed, mon shoo, merky very boo coop indeed".
Later I said, "about those servers you installed earlier", it said "yes, vart aboot dem?" I said, "can we run them now that it's all installed and we are sat here using it please?", it said "OK, pifpahfpoof eet ees don" I said "OK, can we now run them 'the other way' so I can log into one or two or maybe even all of them?", it said, "vart servers err dees?" I said, "I'm not quite as impressed as I was earlier!" It said, "eheh! no matterrrr, would you like to pee to seen up to owerrrr clurrrb?", I thought "what a bunch 'o' spivs!" ;O)
And before you say anything, my german is not up to what happened with Suse 8.1! Thank you, and good night Vienna! ;O)
<Tony Hancock/off>
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

True enough - mandrake=='distro to put on the machine you want to just work in a mysterious windows-like way where you're not quite sure what it's doing'
Does LFS (Linux from Scratch) get us back on anything like topic ?
Cheers,
Phil Young

Ah, a variation on the old B Ark ploy....
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

As actor Graham Stark might have put it; Well............ ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}
They did that in one of the scandinavian countries and the accident rate dropped.
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 22:43:28 +0000 (UTC), "OldRedNeck"

Alex.
Andy Hall wrote:

Wot he said.

I agree.