Re: Replacing a w/machine bearing?

Our washing machine is making a terrible noise whilst

> spinning.... been coming on for months, but I've managed > to successfully ignore it so far. Have to do something > about it now though. > > It's a Hoover Quattro Express 1300 (AA230). > > Is it easy to get a bearing kit and replace it, or are > there special tools and job knowlege that means it is > better to get someone in to do the job? > > -- > Tony Williams.

Well, the bloke who did my Hotpoint used a lump hammer and a brass drift!

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Croucher

These are the best way to do the job:

BigWallop

In article ,

they are bit too expensive to buy just for one job, and it looks as though the inner drum will have to come quite a way forward until the shaft clears the bearing. That could mean quite a dismantling. Might duck this one then, ring up Hoover and see how much it costs to get it done.

Reply to
Tony Williams

In message , Bob Eager writes

Or much skin left on your hands ...

Reply to
geoff

Speak for yourself!

Reply to
Bob Eager

My "fondest" memory of the last time I replaced my washing machine bearings was the pain as I washed my hands afterwards

Reply to
geoff