Re: Replacing a w/machine bearing?

Well, the bloke who did my Hotpoint used a lump hammer and a brass drift!
Kevin

These are the best way to do the job:
http://premiertools.co.uk/item6788.htm
http://www.hdtools.co.uk/stores/pages/js/p18d.htm
http://www.selvinfluidpower.com/shopping/pdf/mpseries.pdf
http://www.medial.com/suzuki/gearbox /
http://www.premiertools.co.uk/cat763_1.htm

[snip]
Thank you..... haven't pulled a bearing since the MGB days. Hmm, they are bit too expensive to buy just for one job, and it looks as though the inner drum will have to come quite a way forward until the shaft clears the bearing. That could mean quite a dismantling. Might duck this one then, ring up Hoover and see how much it costs to get it done.
--
Tony Williams.

Or much skin left on your hands ...
--
geoff

Speak for yourself!
--
Bob Eager
rde at tavi.co.uk

My "fondest" memory of the last time I replaced my washing machine bearings was the pain as I washed my hands afterwards
--
geoff