Re: Replacement Toilet

I want to replace the toilet in my downstairs bathroom.

> > It looks straightforward - are there any pitfalls I should be aware of - is > there any web page tips people can point me to? > > Thanks > > Simon > >

Hi Simon,

Try here:

BigWallop

Get one whose outlet is identical to the existing. e.g. if its a floor exit then the new one doesn't want to be a rear exit. Adapting/moving a large soil waste pipe is not to be undertaken likely. If new one is close coupled make sure wall can bear weight of cistern fixing. This can be tricky on stud walls where the wall was not built with the toilet cistern in mind. Use stainless screws to mount close-coupled cistern to wall.

Reply to
BillR

Shirley closed-coupled cisterns rest on the pan so don't require much of an attachment to the wall? If you've got low or high-level cisterns then yes you have to think more about fixings. You can often if you want cut the stud wall and put reinforcement behind.

Other than that it's a piece of piss! arh arh

Reply to
adder