Re: Proposed Part P Building Regulations (Electrical Wiring)

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 00:15:00 +0100, "Paul Coyne"

For this one, the nanny state would like to make sure that you are using a cylinder of suitable type to meet energy saving requirements.
You can either do the work yourself and issue a building notice at your local authority or use a professional member of an approved trade association who will self certify.
In addition, if the cylinder is pressurised, they would like an approved professional to install it. However, that has been the case for a while.

While you've been away, they've regulated sex as well, so forget about that until you have a permit from the Office of the Deputy Prime Minister. Of course, if you are a member of a trade association, you can "self certify". That particular organisation, according to their web site, seems to be very keen on "self certrification".
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Well Screwfix said it was...

Oh FFS. They'll be telling me I can't replace my windows next.
;->

Oh no, standard vented semi pumped system. Expect lots of tedious boiler rplacement questions real soon now.

months
Ahh, I'm in a long term relationship and have a young child; "self certification" is about as good as it gets these days.
cheers
Paul

I must admit I did perform quite a double take in the local trade place when the lad behind the desk said I'd be breaking the law if I installed anything less than 25mm double glazing.
Ross
Paul Coyne wrote:

Let's all bookmark this thread and come back in 10 years time to see what other dumbshit legislation, that would seem unthinkable today, has been introduced.

ROFL :-)

I think John Prescott might be more interested in "self gratification". Leastways, he comes across as being a big of a willy wonker.
PoP

screwed
BG do not replace HW cylinder to the regs, and claim that they are exempt
Go figure!"