Re: Presents for toddlers.

Page 3 of 3

. The packaging

My guess might be that rechargeables can turn nasty if shorted, overheat, they say possibly explode, due to the low internal resistance; and who knows what a toddler mught do.
I know this is true, found it out by putting a rechargeable 9V in trouser pocket with a bunch of keys - got burnt.
mike r
if I had a brain I'd be dangerous
mike ring wrote:

You're not the only one who's found out battery plus keys OR change in pocket leads to odd, then painful, sensations...
Velvet
mike ring wrote:

Toys for toddlers have a screw down battery compartments to stop them getting in.
I also don't let the kids see me change the batteries.
Bob

It's not that they might get in to the batteries themselves necessarily, rechargeables have a lower internal resistance so, if the toy develops a fault, it is more likely to melt/burn etc., leading to compensation claims. There's no reason why you shouldn't use them if you don't intend to make a claim against the manufacturer in such cases.
--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not)
Bob Smith wrote:

lol! How old are they?
My 7 yo has been changing batteries in her stuff for 3 years or so. Anything that makes less work for me has to be good!
~~~~~~ Alison

This site is wonderful :
http://www.bscandm.com/trains /
One day, I'll actually try some of his ideas. Possibly :-) He does seem to have quite a range of power tools, though.
--
Graeme

Anything recommended by UK.D-I-Y's own toddler - IMM - will be perfect.
I think his last recommendation was the 'Bumper book of How Things Work'.
Seems to me like pretty rubbish presents, why not a descent Drill & Circular Saw set, a bit like "http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts 643&id366"