re-polishing a table

We have an old polished table, and the polish has got really dull around the edges - also there are numerous dings where the kids poke the table through the oilcloth with their knives and forks.

I want to bring it back to shininess and remember reading that polishing requires 1% polish and 99% elbow grease.

Are there mechanical means of providing the elbow grease?

Reply to
Dan Smithers

Is it french polish? If so, a reviver is a good bet. It effectively redistributes the existing polish. Meths will do the same but in a less controllable way.

Reply to
stuart noble

Wax I think - possibly FP covered with wax.

Reply to
Dan Smithers

Then white spirit on a rag will act as a reviver

Reply to
stuart noble