Re: Planning Permission for a conservatory

> > The best thing to do is to write to the Planning Dept with the details > > & sizes of your proposed conservatory and ask them to confirm that it > > doesn't need permission. Same thing applies to the Building > > Regulations, but write seperately. It's fatal to assume that both > > departments talk to each other. > > Especially if you are in one of the National Parks or other similar areas > where planning and conservation is the National Park authority but building > control is with the local council. >

Our builders would not start the conservatory until they had seen the letter from the Council Planning Department confirming that planning persmission was not required.

Reply to
Ian Middleton

I thought all conservatories now (since April 2004) required PP?

Reply to
Josie Milton

New to me. Contact your local council as they will usually supply a leaflet on conservatories.

Reply to
IMM