Re: OT: Wrist bands/supports for playing guitar

Gosh! What a delightful surprise! I've bookmarked that and will explore later. I presume that it's a descendant of the BMG Magazine of many years ago. I was a subscriber then, though lost my huge collection of back numbers in some house move or other. I regularly used to haunt the Clifford Essex Company in Earlham St when I was starting out as a guitar maker: Marco Roccia used to give me building advice and for years I used to buy some of my materials there.

Thank you!

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

This may not be what you are thinking of Nick; the BMG Federation is different to the CE B-M-G. However, B-M-G magazine is still going:

hope that helps.

Your background is interesting because having part-retired from the "day job" I've been thinking of trying to find a luthier in Hampshire to work with as an unpaid (or maybe even paying) apprentice to accelerate the learning process. The question is how to find someone. I haven't yet had time to start searching and phoning.

Dave

Reply to
NoSpam

Two nice surprises in one day! Thank you for both of them

I'm up in Huddersfield, I'm afraid. And these days I'm working for the equivalent of the local authority music service so the sort of "work experience placements" I offered in the past, when I had my own premises, wouldn't really be possible right now. I've only started lurking around this newsgroup recently but would recommend a subscription to rec.music.makers.builders as a useful resource. Most of the posters there come from the USA and Canada but with a good sprinkling of Aussies, Brits and other Europeans.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Hmmm, rec.music.makers.builders isn't listed on my news server news.individual.net so I've sent them an email requesting that it be added - in the meanwhile it seems to be listed under google groups so I'll have a poke around. Many thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
NoSpam

-----------------------------8><

Refresh your list - it shows up in mine (yes, I do use NIN), and has done for years.

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

-----------------------------8><

Bargain!

Reply to
Appelation Controlee

Strange - if I search for "builders" Thunderbird finds it, but refreshing and typing rec.music doesn't.

Reply to
NoSpam

I know there's a guy in Winchester who builds guitars and has a guitar shop. Hayward or Heyward. I only know of him through my parents - I left Winchester some years ago, so don't know him, or the quality of his work, directly.

Bernie

Reply to
Bernie Hunt

In message , Sorcerer writes