Re: OT The Mound of the Hound of the Baskervilles

Agricultural land is exempt: A fact that many people who go to walk in

> it don't know, which is why occasionally we find plastic bags full of > dog poo in the fields here. Id rather have the dog poo.

There was a bit in the UK news recently, about farmers who would like dog owners to pick up and remove dog turds. Apparently it can contains a bug which is responsible for a large proportion of cows miscarrying. Google will find it for anyone who's interested.

There are laws in UK urban areas, which chav-scum with status-symbol agressive dogs ignor. Council wardens issue penalties to pensioners who can't bend to collect the crap or school kids dropping litter. The police are hiding in their stations.

I saw a blind man fumbling around to bag up his guide dog's deposit; there's no excuse for most others.

Reply to
Onetap

Not half as much as foxes.

Foxes are disease ridden vermin, by and large.

Most dogs are not. They are usually wormed and fed clean food, ot carrion.

Towns are no place for dogs anyway.

"I wuz caught short, m'lud. Wuff! Wuff!"

I'd rather prosecute the countless mums who drop little Johnny's knickers in the streets and verges.

Or toss nappies around to NOT rot. At least turds are biodegradable.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Local bye-laws only IIRC. But a responsible dog owner will do it anyway.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Don't be silly. Lots of open spaces round here. Besides, dogs shouldn't be left to roam where they please, so unless you own a country estate, it makes no difference.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Guide dogs are exempt from local pick-up laws, but most are trained to do it in the gutter anyway.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I suppose doing it on the roof keeps the deposits out of sight. But hardly out of mind. It'll clog the downpipes, won't it?

Reply to
Ronald Raygun

It's not "a" or "a bug" it is three parasitic diseases, neospora, sarcocytosis and toxoplasmosis. All can cause abortions in cattle. The diseases can also be contracted by humans with similar consequences.

TNP's advice to put dogshit on plants is yet another sign of his idiocy. If vegetables are grown in the same bed then there's a risk of the diseases in the dog crap being picked up by humans.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Almost every day I used to find a dog turd right where I stand to check my letter box.Eventually I pointed my sensor light at the letterbox, and the turds stopped. Dog walkers are creatures of habit. Now thatI have CCTV I see the same elderly man walking in the dark letting his dog shit just anywhere. I think his dog has died since he now walks alone.

Reply to
Matty F

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Matty F saying something like:

Are you sure it was dog shit?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Ronald Raygun saying something like:

There was a thread last week about the necessary fall on the guttering. At the right speed, it should shoot down the pipe with all the speed of a speedy thing.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Of course it was. A bunch of kids walked through it and made quite a fuss. There were leaves on the footpath so the shit was not easy to see. I cleaned up the large mess. Then I went through the video to see who had made the mess, and it ws the dog of an elderly man. Then I checked other days and saw the same dog making a mess on the otherside of the road.

Reply to
Matty F

Good tennis skills are a prerequisite for working at the Oxo cube factory...

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Bollocks. They miscarry because they can't stand on their hind legs, and have no hands.

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Did any of the shit hit the fan :-)

Reply to