Re: OT:RF Paranoia ?!

Am I right in vaguely recalling that during the 80s, the UK security

> forces sprayed random RF around, to make it difficult to reliably use RF > detonators in bombs ?

I doubt it. If you knew what frequency they were using it might be possible to jam it. But random is just as likely to effect their communication equipment as a bomber's remote. And these days it would be easier to simply use a modified mobile phone as a trigger.

But in any case suicide bombers seem to be flavour of the month.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

True. One singular fact about the IRA was their general reluctance to die for the cause. It's a shame they didn't apply the same effort to thinking as they did bomb making - they might have figured out the correct strategy before killing loads of civilians. It's depressing seeing the IS numpties making the same mistake.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

Having dug into the memory banks, I recall that they do use different channels. When the receivers (mains and battery) are first powered on, they beep, indicating they are waiting to pair (presumably listening on all channels). The first push of the bell causes this pairing. The only settings in the bellpush are 3 dip switches, which control the tune you want.

It's not really a problem though. Almost all callers we have (deliveries mainly) are expected. And it's not as if they ever use the bell anyway.

To be honest, I've had all the receivers off since Saturday, and we've not died ...

Reply to
Jethro_uk