Re: OT. - OK Firth lets sort it out.

Sheep behave like that because they are in close proximity and innately suggestible. Thinking humans on Usenet are neither.

Steve, we accept you hold your view and we acknowledge your right to kf TMH and not contribute to any thread which includes him (if you so wish) but you also need to accept that (almost?) everyone else contributing doesn't see things like that. Now you really just need to drop this before you commit the ultimate sin of Usenet - being Boring.

Reply to
Si

And you're not? Forgotten already, eh? Very convenient, but tragically inept.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Really? So you would dictate to others as to the acceptability and veracity of your PoV? That, surely, is a matter of opinion for each reader who chooses to respond to you. I will choose whether or not *I* find your views acceptable and correct, not you.

Reply to
The Wanderer

That is a matter of opinion for anyone who has contributed to this thread. The rest of your analogy is irrelevant, given the context of the thread.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Sadly, I agree. His input is most welcome and constructive. The conduct of contributors to this newsgroup is usually exemplary. I really cannot see why SF has taken such exception.

Reply to
clot

Whole hearted agreement.

Reply to
clot

I've found your comforter - look, it's in the pram.

Reply to
clot

Where do you get that idea from? There are many options, and I don't have to leave my frontal lobes fallow for any of them.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm not the one who started the thread, nor indeed am I the one continuing it.

You may find that if you can learn the correct orientation of cart and horse that lie becomes just a little easier. Then later you can graduate to differentiating between the rectum and the articulatus cubitus.

Reply to
Steve Firth

"Suddenly with one bound Wanderer thought he was free."

Shame the real world doesn't work that way.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What am I telling people to do?

Reply to
Steve Firth

You need a course in elementary logic. You may choose to hold whatever view you like, including whatever view you wish of my point of view. However it remains your point of view, and your point of view alone. You have no more weight in your opinion than any other individual.

Usenet is an anarchy with all that implies in terms of individual rights, responsibilities and the general lack of ownership.

Reply to
Steve Firth

How appropriate your name is. When it comes to childish behaviour, I'm not the one claiming ownership of the rattle.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I'm sad that you have to respond in such a fashion. I did have belated second thoughts about sending the message! However, it does reflect upon your attitude. Let's bury the axe and let service be resumed, please?

Reply to
clot

Oh please, not the 'Wot? Me, guv?' excuse. I've wasted enough time on you, as have many others. You can do your own homework.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

No you need to learn how to express yourself properly.

Have I claimed anything else?

Ahh, the light seems to have dawned for you at long last.

Reply to
The Wanderer

But that is only your PoV. It is neither correct nor appropriate, merely a misguided PoV.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Ahh, so you resort to a mild form of attempted ridicule in the absence of any germane counter.

Shame the real world sees you for what you are.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Then your memory is defective.

Reply to
Steve Firth

No, it's an objective statement, "being correct" is different to "being in agreement".

Reply to
Steve Firth