Re: OT. - OK Firth lets sort it out.

I do need to sort this out.

Rearrange these words to form a phrase "A life get"

I've pointed out that you get advantage from the exposure. At the very least in the form of increased web hits for your site.

However that's irrelevant. What is relevant is that dragging your business into every single conversation and starting threads about your business is tedious. As indeed are people who feel impelled to start threads with my name in the title.

Grow up, get over it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Some aren't thick skinned.

So? No one is forced to go to his website.

So killfile him. I personally find much of interest in his posts. As I'd guess do the majority here.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So it gives a reason to continually wibble about his bloody tedious business and to spatter his posts with references to that site.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Nobody else does. Your posts are welcome, interesting and entertaining. As they say in a popular junk TV programme (alledgedly) Leave it, he ain't worf it.

Reply to
Paul Herber

And? It gives you an excuse for even more tedious complaining!

I know which I prefer...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

It's widely accepted that it's ok to include pretty much whatever you want in your sig as long as you keep it to 4 lines or less.

I really don't see what the problem is. TMH's posts are always interesting, and bring a different perspective to the table. Many of us here have followed the progress of his handyman business right from the beginning, and enjoy reading about it.

Reply to
Grunff

If what he does in the day is directly relevant to the question in hand, then yes.

He (like many others) has a tag line. I don't see frequent links or other references to the site. Again this is considered by most standards (appart from yours it seems) as acceptable.

Reply to
John Rumm

You've really answered your own query.

Firth has *very* occasionally contributed a comment of value to a discussion. Most of the time he's a keyboard warrior, strutting and posturing, when in real life he'd never say 'Boo!' to a goose. Ignore him, let him rant and rave away, unless you feel like a bit of sport with him, but he has no sense of humour, so even that is a waste of time, TBH.

I haven't seem too many others complaining about your posts, I suspect quite a few read them for their entertainment value - meant in the nicest possible way, of course......

Reply to
The Wanderer

Hear hear.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Says it all really.

Reply to
R D S

Steve, you've chosen the wrong person to have a go at as he's popular here and it's not really that sort of bitchy group you like so much. Stick to having a go at dribble on here - that's always open season.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I crossed swords with Dave quite some time back when I first starting regularly reading UKDIY as it seemed wrong that a professional was asking advice from a DIY group that I took then to be amateurs - my gripe then was what sort of professional *needed* to ask advice !

That was quite a number of years ago so I hope Dave has forgotten - I now remember it with shame.

I don't want to add to the ever expanding size of Dave's head but like the others here, I look forward to his posts, queries and stories.

It does rather look as if Mr Firth does have a scunner against TMH as there are a number of other regular and valuable professional contributors here who have their business tag lines in their posts.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Take my advice, don't even waste your breath on him.

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

In my experience - the best ones. I've picked up loads of tips from ordinary punters who've done nothing more than view a problem from a different perspective to my own ( and many other professionals ).

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

No, but it says that mostly we don't care if he does.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

TMH's posts are fine by me, but starting a fight in the playground is very boring

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I know from my profession that I certainly don't know *everything* about it - and neither does anyone else I work with, although some would claim to. So I'm happy to learn from others in that - even if they may have nominally less experience than myself.

When it comes to DIY the subject is so vast no one person can know everything. Apart from dribble, obviously. So it's not unreasonable that a handyman can ask for advice on things perhaps new to him - especially as it's not a one way street with Dave who passes on his own tips too.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , The Medway Handyman writes

Dave, if you think he's a dick then kill-file him and ignore him, your responding to his posts just adds fuel to the fire.

However, by creating this thread and by the positive comments your posting has received in it you have something to show your ISP if you receive an abuse complaint in the future. I agree that your posting is useful and on-topic.

Reply to
fred

I concur entirely.

I'm (mainly) a long-time lurker here, but I've always found TMH's posts to be interesting and relevant to the group. Please continue to be a regular contributor and kill-file him.

Styx

Reply to
Styx