Re: OT I've one a holiday!

Visited the Grand Designs Exhibition in London earlier in the month. >

> Got a call today saying that following me completing a survey I'd won a > weeks holiday in Spain. > > I had to confirm age bracket and that I owned a passport and my own home. > > So what's the scam? > > mark

They may insist that you buy their very expensive travel insurance, and offer you very inconvenient flight dates and times from an airport nowhere near where you live.

Reply to
pcb1962

This is a remartably well known scam to Trading Standards. It was featured IIRC a few months ago in a TS sourced article in our local rag.

The scam is any mix the perpetrators care to make of everything and aything previous posters have listed - prem rate tel calls, insurance, you won't get out of the presentation room until you've signed up for a villa/time share etc etc: a la carte so to speak.

Large barge pole needed, but will it fit on the plane to Spain?

Reply to
jim