Re: ot - filters

In message , Brian Gaff writes

Yes well, maybe, but you are not forced to read them, you can pass over >as the sub lines are a big hint in this regard. >I've never really understood plonking unless the sheer numbers of >them get beyond a joke of course.

Umm.. Trolling seems to have a close affinity with the inability to snip. Responses can be amusing but less so after 2 screens worth of scrolling. Advertising a *plonk* seems an admission that they have succeeded in annoying you thus publicising your loss of *face*:-)

Reply to
Tim Lamb

who cares about *face*

Plonking says 'dont bother trolling me any more, I wont be aware of it'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

more a statement that one can see no point in spending further time etc

Reply to
tabbypurr