Re: OT: Electricity Suppliers

After we just recieved a £400 bill as we haden't been charged properly for

>the preceedign 3 quaters we are looking at changing suppliers. Southern >Electric seem to charge us about £570 for the 8.1 MW hr's we used in the >past year (both company read meter readings). > >The online price comparisons seem to suggest Atlantic energy or basic power >as being sutiably cheap alternatives, does anyone have any experience of >them? We dont have any gas and are not on ecomony 7. Cooking is electric as >is our shower. > >How do monthly direct debits in advance work? Do they guess at a yearly >usage divide up monthly and then adjust somehow?

So you've been given free credit for the best part of a year? What are you complaining about?

If you go on monthly DD, you're overpaying in advance. Unless you're completely inept at managing your finances, keep the money in your bank or savings account and make whatever little interest you can on it.

The Coventry internet account is a current best buy if you need instant access.

Laurence Payne

That depends on whether you agree to the suggested payment. I make sure that I underpay during the course of the accounting year and then carry the shortfall forward to the following year. I then offer them

80% or so of that, divided over the year. There is a lower price for using the DD arrangement.
Reply to
Andy Hall