Re: OT: Answering machines

Is the sound quality s**te on *all* of them?

Most of the consumer digital ones, yes. Build down to a price.

Try anything made by Tiptel, or consider a Truecall machine.

For tefferlones you can't beat a Tele 8782

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message

from Owain contains these words:

I'll second that for Tiptel.

Instructions lousy, but worth spending an evening familiarising oneself with how to set it up. Brilliant machines and genuinely providing the facilities that are needed by real-world people living in real-life situations. Hassle free, once set up.

Reply to
Appin

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

The first modem I bought had a good one, and that was the early 90s. Surprising some things like that disappear.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon