RE: Only the top half of my radiators are working.

I have had a problem with my oil ired central heating system mainly the radiators. Most of my radiators in the house are only hot at the top, i have tried bleeding and bleeding again, turning all radiators off then turning one by one on and this doesnt seem to work any ideas?

Reply to
andrewwelsh8

I have a drain off valve fitted to all my radiators, so that when and if the rads only get hot at the top, I can shut off the valves at each side, open drain off valve and drain some water off then open valves again. This seems to work ok for me.

-- the_constructor

Reply to
the_constructor

Sounds like there's not enough water flow rate. If they're all doing this, I might suspect the pump.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Second thought -- radiators could be silted up with sludge.

If the former, the radiator inlet pipe will be hot and the outlet pipe cold. If the latter, both radiator pipes will be hot.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel