Re: Online ordering of power tools?

Screwfix are as good as any others.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/home.jsp
--
www.basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

http://www.unifix-online.co.uk
<snip>
Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated. :-)
Phil

Just a thought, Homebase have a sale on at the moment - well they did on Sunday. Anyhow they have end of line Bosch tools going half price at the moment.
The Canterbury branch apparently had loads of them.
--Paul --whose missus bought him a circular saw and a cordless drill/driver --at the weekend.

Just glancing at them in my local branch, it appeared to be all bottom of the range stuff - maybe even specially bought in. They had nothing I fancied, regardless of price.

RIP Acorn

Slightly outside your normal sphere of bargain basement tools...
unifix ain't cheap - just about every one of the tools I compared (like with like) with the dm site came out more expensive on unifix.
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson
wrote...

Their pro range is quite competitive and they do have a bargain basement range too. They are far better for fixings than Screwfix.

It was the pro stuff that I was comparing. They seemed competitive, but then you needed to add VAT onto their quoted prices.
Was 10 to 15% more expensive on a lot of the stuff when that was taken into account.
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson
On Mon, 04 Aug 2003 12:43:33 GMT, "BigWallop"

I'd happily second that.
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

A drill/driver? If so try the B&Q PP Pro range.