Re: Never buy anything made in France!!! (espec: combi boilers)

On Fri, 5 Jan 2007 18:49:47 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

Ah....but I bet it's stylish and trendy !

No - it wasn't (strangely enough). And that's exactly how I was duped! If it had looked all curvy and warped, I would have been instantly reminded of the Citroen cars I had such a bad time with, when I worked for a company that insisted on using them. But it looked so neat and straightforward that I assumed the French had finally got their act together. I was wrong.

Jim D

Reply to
Jim D

John Stumbles

Glow Worm. Rebadged Vaillants.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Sylvain, an excellent water heater.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well, that's the kiss of death, isn't it.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Er, yes John

Reply to
John Stumbles

Well he does claim to drive a Prius...

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I drive one of them too. Please eff off you are a fool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

No. It's a water heater. Duh!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Your snipping fetish seems to have left you on this occasion. Have you been getting treatment? Now get treatment for your fantasy one.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

this morning. I'm the proud owner of a Gordon Russell sideboard btw. There is also a LHD 2CV on Ebay, which really looks the bizz. Only snag - to collect from France!

Maris

Reply to
Maris

Designed to cope with the worst French roads. And I believe that at the time some of them were really bad.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

I seem to remember that you had to remove a wing panel to take a road wheel off an Austin Sheerline limousine. Mind you, it did have self-jacking equipment.

Sylvain.

Reply to
Sylvain VAN DER WALDE

The message from "Sylvain VAN DER WALDE" contains these words:

Several cars from the 50s had removable panels boxing in the rear wheels. Series E Vauxhalls for certain. Jaguars possibly.

Reply to
Roger

Please eff off you are a fool.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Well I have to say I agree with Dribble on this occasion.

Reply to
Matt

But all Airbus wings are designed and bult by the British (at least for now)

Reply to
Matt