Re: Move finally complete

I thought that maybe some of you might be interested in the outcome of

>my horrendous moving experience. Well, I have finally done it!

Congratulations!

my buyer insisted on getting access before November 29th >else he'd pull out (empty rhetoric, probably).

Good strategy though. Didn't let the conveyancers drag it all out which is horrible .....

I have plans to explore Lincolnshire and see if there are any nicer >places to live.

Lots of history happened in Lincolnshire and if you are really lucky you will find King John's treasure :)

Anna ~~ Anna Kettle, Suffolk, England |""""| ~ Lime plaster repairs / ^^ \ // Freehand modelling in lime: overmantels, pargeting etc |____|

01359 230642

Reply to
Anna Kettle

??? Real Maple floor in my own house £70/sq m plus significant fitting costs, mid range laminate floor for the house I have refurbished £6.99/sq m plus much lower fitting cost. I'd say that was pretty significant in terms of price difference.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Hmm, ok. Real oak floor in our living room cost £32/sqm, medium/high quality laminate in our TV room cost £16/sqm. Little difference in fitting time/effort.

I've yet to see laminate at under £10/sqm that I'd let anywhere near my house.

Reply to
Grunff

I'd say you didn't shop around very well.

£70/m^2 is way over the odds for good quality maple floor, and £6.99 is way under the odds for good quality laminate (if there is such a thing).
Reply to
Andy Hall

might give an idea of one corner of the county.

Reply to
James Hart

Yes, Bourne is nearby, as is Stamford, which seems like a very nice place, very posh, very rich. I really wanted to live on the coast, so Skegness, Mabelthorpe, Chapel St. Leonards are places I shall aim for when the spring arrives. I quite like the Lincolnshire Wolds, having driven down from Gainsborough through Market Rasen, Alford, Louth and so on.

MM

Reply to
MM

So twice the cost I'd still call that significant.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

Did real oak laminate at around 40 per square, and fitted it myself. Easy.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nip over to the george at stamford and see if they do a cut price deal between Xmas and new year - staying there for a couple of days is usually horrendously exp[ensive, but at this tme of year they used to do deals.

Its well worh it: Lovely old fashioned tea-and crumpets sort of place with miss marple in very stairwell...:-)

I really wanted to live on the coast, so

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As I said significantly more expensive.

Reply to
Tony Hogarty

In article , Lobster writes

I'm sure that I read somewhere that some councils are starting to clamp down on this sort of thing, mainly on the grounds that they are a distraction to drivers and could lead to more accidents.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

MM

Glad you finally managed to get moved in!!!

Was this the house in which the developers relative was living in beforehand and you were having a few doubts?

Although its not much use now, but may be useful for future reference, but unless things have changed in recent years, domestic central heating oil is exactly the same as diesel that you put in your car, the only difference is that as less duty is paid to the revenue its coloured red, hence you could have gone down to your local forecourt and legally stuck a few gallons in your homes tank!!

Shrinkage is only a problem in 'propper houses' with solid internal built walls, sadly most new builds nower days are built with plasterboard & skim and suffer the problem much less.

good luck with the house Jonty

Reply to
Jonty Pearson