Re: Modifying CH pipework on combi boiler system

The CH system is not pressurised continuously at mains pressure. Mains water is allowed in using a little keyed tap until the pressure gauge registers the correct pressure. You don't need to turn off the stopcock - it won't make any difference.

If it were me I'd drain the whole system before starting - using the drain c*ck not a rad bleed valve. Expect a few buckets full of water. The idea of having a time limit to get everything connected (as the ice melts) is a bit frightening!

Sometimes you add the anti-corrosion stuff into a rad with an upward facing pl;ugged opening on the top, such as a towel rail.

Remember to check for leaks when you pressure it up again. Bleed the air out of each rad. The boiler (in my case) has an automatic bleed valve.

Robert

Reply to
RobertL