Re: Lighting in Greenhouse

I have a 10x12 greenhouse with electrics

> >can anyone suggest some suitable light fixtures, which would be ok for >greenhouse use? > >Screwfix et al dont seem to have anything. >

Do you mean just to be able to see, or do you mean supplementary light to assist growth?

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Good point.

Meant light to see - previously had a outdoor switch fitted (inside greenhouse), and two 5ft flourscent tubes (in outdoor housings with clip covers)

Problem is that the tube housings have decintergrated (I assume caused by the sun & heat) - and I am unable to find replacement covers, so was thinking about rewiring.

Any suggestions?

Reply to
Pete Smith

There are fully waterproof fluorescent fittings available - or were - for just this use. But they're pretty expensive, and the enclosure cuts down the light somewhat. Might be cheaper just to replace standard fittings once in a while - they're pretty cheap these days.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Hi Pete,

any good ?

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Pete Smith writes

Screwfix have IP65 Fluorescent fittings:

The current paper catalogue also has a twin tube fitting as well.

Alternatively what about a few external bulkhead fittings?

Reply to
chris French