Re: Lighting in Greenhouse

wrote:

Do you mean just to be able to see, or do you mean supplementary light to assist growth?
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Good point.
Meant light to see - previously had a outdoor switch fitted (inside greenhouse), and two 5ft flourscent tubes (in outdoor housings with clip covers)
Problem is that the tube housings have decintergrated (I assume caused by the sun & heat) - and I am unable to find replacement covers, so was thinking about rewiring.
Any suggestions?

There are fully waterproof fluorescent fittings available - or were - for just this use. But they're pretty expensive, and the enclosure cuts down the light somewhat. Might be cheaper just to replace standard fittings once in a while - they're pretty cheap these days.
--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Hi Pete,
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/LU4201.html
These any good ?
--
BigWallop

http://basecuritysystems.no-ip.com

Screwfix have IP65 Fluorescent fittings:
<http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts0700&id 280>
The current paper catalogue also has a twin tube fitting as well.
Alternatively what about a few external bulkhead fittings?
--
Chris French, Leeds