Re: Legs for breakfast bar

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?tsG383&id 795
They come in white too. Should get you started if nothing else!
Take Care, Gnube

B&Q also do the same, bit more expensive though.
Glenn

Hi Liz,
We used the chrome tube that is sold in B&Q as wardrobe rail, and put the circular brackets, that usually hold it to sides of wardrobe, at the top and bottom, one on the underside of the worktop and one on the floor. The breakfast bar has been in now for almost two years and still looks great.

<snip>
I'd second that. I used two pieces of chrome tube with circular brackets top and bottom, when I rebuilt the kitchen at our last house. The worktop projected about 3 ft beyond the adjoining cupboard, and I used a piece of tube slightly set in from each of the two outer corners, if you see what I mean. They were in place for about 10 or 11 years until we moved, and never gave any problems at all. I used to hop up onto the worktop occassionaly to get to the light fitting, as we had quite tall ceilings.
says...

Ikea.
--
Hywel Never knowingly understood
http://hyweljenkins.co.uk /

Ikea do or did table tops and seperate legs in a variety of finishes.
Mark S.

We found Wickes did a specific Breakfast Bar leg. About 2" or so chrome leg with a large bracket at the top to screw onto the surface. Had a twistable bottom to adjust for height - however in our situation, we found the leg was actually too long and took the adjuster out (which then meant it was too short!). We only used it on a large span of a work surface - just in case it bowed - but as it turned out - it never bowed and the leg happily sat about 3mm off the ground...
Wasn't cheap though - about 20 or so.