Re: Lawn-mower petrol stabiliser

Hello The

BTW, sorry people for any late replies. My isp decided to fix their peering at last which resulted in 28,000 new and duplicate messages in this group alone, dating from November.

[Westwood mowers]

> Sound exactly the same. Ours was 2nd hand when we bought

>> it about 8 years ago and has been used extensively to top >> ~16 acres of highly variable grazing, including a fair bit >> of stony ground. Unfortunately, ours is the oft-cussed >> contra-rotating cutter, which needs a special belt, is an >> utter *sod* to fix and costs ~50/quid a pop. > TNP| Huh? So is mine, but the belt was just a standard ISTR and > TNP| the new blades well a bit of a cow as the whoile deck has to > TNP| comne off - but not *too* bad..ooohop, contra rotating? Umm. > TNP| No Mine ISN't come to think of it.

Apparently they only did them for a fairly short period. It has an internal belt sealed (very tightly, I couldn't undo it) within the main cutter assembly. It's toothed too small too, so the slightest ding, even on a log, means that one blade skips a tooth. A few of those and the blades start hitting each other.

> cutter a couple of years ago and I bought it home to >> recondition but soon gave up. The steering's VERY tight, >> you need to pull the pedal up to engage the clutch (which >> slips, especially when going downhill), > TNP| Thats a belt on mine.

Same. It's the pedal siezed rather than the clutch itself, which is slipping anyway. CBA with it now, just parked up outside gathering rust. Just need to re-drill the towbar mounting bracket on my new Husqy so I can plonk my trailer on it. Don't have any 1" metal bits, so it'll be a file and skinned knuckles I expect.

TNP| Ah. I need to sell you mtty series three landrover, last > TNP| used to reciover a ghot air ballon that labnnded in teh > TNP| adjacent field, after towing the westwood out of a > TNP| dip...three times :-)

No thanks! Work's LR 90 is /finally/ about to be retired. Just been test-driving a shiny new Hilux, which is a completely different class of machine. *Superb* engine.

TNP| A snip at 900 squids.

And wild guesses as to what a tatty D-plate 90, on its third non-turbo engine is going to be worth?

> Umm. Not sure. I've just bought a Husqvarna LT125 on the > TNP| Hmm. Husqvarna. John deeres look nice, but I vcan;t afford > TNP| one..

I wasn't that impressed tbh, but then again the salesmen weren't very good at hiding their dorsal fins.

Still pleased with the Husqy now the novelty's worn off. Managed to bend the steering arm after hitting a tree, but ten seconds in the vice fixed that.

Reply to
Simon Avery

2500 I should think if its diesel.

Reply to