Re: IDS mugging pensioners.

Tim Streater put finger to keyboard:

Tim, why are you cross-posting this crap to irrelevant newsgroups?

Reply to
Scion

Quite. We have our own far right loonies. Don't need anymore.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

No, it's not. It's being raised on a sliding scale to 65 (66 now?) for both sexes.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Not true. I got mine when I was 60 years and 9 months.

A while ago, they aligned male and female dates with respect to bus passes and similar benefits. But they also started sliding the female dates towards 65 (66) with the male ones keeping in sync. In the 10/01/52 case you have to be nearly 62, but it's the same for men and women.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Clueless moron detected.

Reply to
Huge

Spastic convention detected

Reply to
Hotblack Desiato

This tool gives you the definitive ages for bus pass as well as pension, note only for England; Scotland and Wales are different.

Steve

Work your way through the example and it highlights the difference between pension and bus pass at the end.

Also go back and read my earlier post (if you can) where I said I got my bus pass at 60 years and 9 months.

Reply to
Bob Eager

It isn't a common date.

Reply to