Re: Ideas please: materials and SHAPES for hiding a satellite dish

Page 2 of 2
(Medallion Man)

The present one is in a position between two houses which makes it impossible to see the other satellite except if I moved it forward quite a bit, which would invalidate the plannig permission. I'm trying to avoid having to reapply.
On 25 Aug 2003 23:40:34 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Medallion Man) wrote:

Which birds are you trying to see?
Could you get away with a smaller dish for one of them?
I'm sure that Tele-Satellite magazine had a review of a dish in a radome (I think it was a specially shaped dish inside, of 40cm which was claimed to be equivalent to a 60cm).
These were intended for countries with censorship of what you are allowed to receive and were reckoned to be reasonable if the signal strength was OK..
I couldn't find the review, but while looking did spot this....
http://www.tele-satellite.com/TSI/9604/roof.shtml
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
On 26 Aug 2003 11:32:37 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Medallion Man) wrote:

What I was getting at was whether you could get away with a smaller dish (in an enclosure) for one of them.
If this is for the Astra 1 or 2 or Hotbird constellations then I would think there is a reasonable chance of it working.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Probably, but with the neighbours' kids playing in and around the garden and driveway it probably won't stay aligned for long either, that's why I'd prefer to be able to bolt it down.