Re: Ideas please: materials and SHAPES for hiding a satellite dish

Didn't think that was a water absorption freq thats all.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

That stuff they use for signs is only thin polycarbonate isn't it? Any structure on the side of the house or garden furniture made of it would do as a box surely? Cold frames, tables, garden wells - comes with a little man winding it for tracking purposes, bird tables/houses. (An owl or some such nest box in the back garden even.)

If I was doing it I'd probably cut a section out of a picnic bench and only put a square of that stuff over it if the bench wasn't enough of a hide.

Reply to
Michael McNeil

Possibly, but don't forget that the signals are *very* weak and the S/N (or carrier to noise) ratio is pretty small. A couple of dBs here and there can be the difference between success and failure, especially on the edge of the footprint.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Lay it flat and build a small wall around it (1-2 bricks high). Cover the dish with some of the estate agent board material painted green. Turn the LNB arm into a plastic bush by cunning application of plastic foliage (or even real ivy) and call it artwork or a bush?

See also

Peter Parry