Re: Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

Page 7 of 12
"Mike Mitchell" wrote | "Owain" wrote: | >But weren't those German versions of British 13A sockets (with horizontal | >rockers) hideous. And they never put that missing screw back in. | The missing screw was not missing. There was a metal plate behind, | which precluded having a screw at that point.
Then they used an incorrect bracket with an excess hole. Or they could have used a dummy screwhead to retain the regular pattern of screwheads.
| I also note your mention of the word "German" in your criticism of | the sockets. Do you *know* they were German? Or merely installed | by Germans, perhaps?
I don't care if they were German or Belgian or French ... they were clearly not BS square faceplate style and they were clearly hideous.
I wonder if they were wired in brown/blue cable ...?
Owain
"Mike Mitchell" wrote | How good it would be for our national pride and the economy | for Germans to be watching a programme on German TV showing | a group of British builders constructing a British house | somewhere in Germany! And I don't mean a Wimpey or a Barratt.
I think they did get The Builders episode of Fawlty Towers in Germany.
Owain
stirlingcity.co.uk> writes

No, it was featured on great comedy sitcoms last weekend, they only made one series and the Germans took all *except* for the obvious one.

--
Andrew

The customer chose large glass areas. You can have the bare minimum of window area if you want making a Huf highly energy efficient. The design is on, I think, 1.2 metres grids. So you can have a large variation in that in design.
writes:

well.
in a

Venetian blinds solve a lot.

Because I don't.
On 30 Jan 2004 20:01:39 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

Ah, but you said "You wouldn't want to...etc". If you had meant yourself, why not phrase the response correctly?
MM
Mike Mitchell wrote:

Because this isn't uk.lang.english.grammar? ;P)

Spot on.

Because Usenet is not "English as a foreign language", nor is it a medium of record, nor is it a place for pedantic fuckheads to wave their willies about.
On 31 Jan 2004 22:11:40 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ukmisc.org.uk (Huge) wrote:

I am NOT waving my willy about. I always keep a firm hand on it.
MM
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:12:37 +0000, Mike Mitchell

That's a bit of an admission........ ;-) .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

You'll go blind, you know.
writes

As in ...
Http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QgAAAEIURatlbRmP *3NeQUEoWJhBaFLTJkUnDYZsCo rdedwPhrHko2TwoJlHEhvzxne6qmsaY8!D*Z7qw2SdhdU84R2e62JaVlcn4*a3TBM/dmail.j pg?dcF75457838512005864
or
http://tinyurl.com/3audc
--
geoff

If ever proof were needed! Take the worlds biggest w*nker, apply a liberal dose of newspaper, and what do you get?
PoP
PoP wrote:

IMM?

LOL. snotty uni humour, so funny. Do you tell you pone about the dog with no nose too.
"The Natural Philosopher" wrote | PoP wrote: | > Take the worlds biggest w*nker, apply a | > liberal dose of newspaper, and what do you get? | IMM?
Soggy newspaper?
Ink on your willy?
Owain
On Sun, 01 Feb 2004 10:12:37 +0000, Mike Mitchell
Must make driving and so on a bit difficult.
PoP

It didn't come out as I intended.
....maybe I should stop now while I'm still a head.
MM