Re: Huf Haus on last night's Grand Designs

Page 11 of 12
writes

stone through it. An office building I used to work in had tinted double glazed aluminium windows facing south. Occasionally they would crack and would takes 3 months to get a replacement from the continent
--
Andrew

writes:

Pilkington K are quicker., as St. Helens is quite near, and probably cheaper too.
writes

Helens isn't near Croydon anyway. I did say tinted glass, so to replace with the same tint you have to go back to original maker (Belgium).
--
Andrew

writes:

The moral of the story is buy local. Belgium is not local.

Actually it is. From where I am, and I don't live in Kent, Belgium is about 140 miles. St Helens is 210 miles. In terms of time, it's about the same......

.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Behave!

Belgium, or frankly anywhere else in Europe. .andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

I think it's more a case of being or not being local in people's minds. Anywhere in Europe for most Brits is as far away as Mars.
MM

The ferry gets in the way.

Yeah, that one across the Mersey is enough of a challenge for most.
MM

geoff

You are a saddo, that is why you always walk alone.

Well, Gerry and the Heart Transplants wouldn't have quite the same ring to it.
MM

Is that still going? They have rail and road tunnels now.
On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:27:20 +0000, Mike Mitchell

was the entrance to Hades.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
"Andy Hall" wrote | Apart from Spayne and Eyebyeza one might think that the channel | tunnel was the entrance to Hades.
Don't be silly, everyone knows the channel tunnel goes to Tesco Vin, Carrefour and the British Overseas College of Car-Washing at Sangatte. If you want to go to Spayne and Eyebyeza you get a plane from Lunnun Lu'on.
See if you watched TV Holiday Shop you would know such things.
Owain

Not if you've already been there and found that it ain't as bad as people think.
(Sorry, that was the "Huge" use of "you've" there.)
MM
Andy Hall wrote:

Indeed I worked in Brussles - that or aberdeen. I would have LIKED to work in Aberdeen, but it took nearly ten hours to get there by any sane method, as against about 7 to Brussels, and I could do that in a car and ferry.
In short, Brussels is a lot closer in every way to east anglia than Aberdeen.

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 09:21:46 +0000, Andrew

Settlement?
MM
Neil Jones wrote:

I am sure they insualted what they could, but the best glass is three to 6 times as bad as regulation wall insulation.