Re: Hilka safe combination?

Most electronic systems will have measures to defeat such probing. Typically after two or three wrong codes, some timer will be invoked during which all codes will be considered wrong, and each further wrong code entered will double the timeout. Might be even worse in that after so many wrong codes, no code will ever open it, like the PIN numbers for SIM cards and cash cards and some car radios.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Maybe 'The Old Fogey' will be posting for any angle grinder recommendations next! :-)

Reply to
Brownie

No. SWMBO found the key, which bypasses the electronics, so we're OK. And if any burglars know the default combination, I have taken out the new batteries until we find the instructions. :-)

Roger.

Reply to
Old Fart at Play

I've got the same one

Instructions say when you change batts, to reset code press little red button inside door and reprogram your code, Jobs a good un

Reply to
Andy Milner

Yes.

Thanks.

Roger.

Reply to
Old Fart at Play

All,

I have recently come into posession of a hilka safe. I followed th explanation on how to reset the combination okay, but as I lack th instruction manual I cannot work out how to actually lock my Hilk safe.

Nothing I do seems to actually lock it.

Can you help?

Rookie

-- DIYrookie

Reply to
DIYrookie

A web search should bring up the .pdf user instructions for this.

Reply to
BigWallop

I have a Hilka electronic combination safe, and to lock it you just shut the door and turn the handle. Bingo - it's locked. You then have to enter the combination in order to be able to turn the handle to unlock it.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!