Re: Grrrrr B&Q Grrrrrr UPDATE - SUCCESS

Dave wrote: > Earlier this year I bought a 14.4V PPro drill, the bearings are > starting to get loose and the chuck is a bit wobbly so I decided to > take it back under the 3 year warranty and get a replacement. > Unfortunately I couldn't find the receipt but assumed that this > wouldn't be a problem because it was obviously not very old and seemed > to have a date code on the base of the drill body. > > I'd expected them to apologise for my inconvenience and deal with it > in a couple of minutes to get a satisfied customer and move to the > next management issue, instead we spent about an hour trying to find > my transaction in their system - to cut a long story short they > refused to take it back without the receipt. They turned a minor > quality problem into a thoroughly p*ssed off dissatisfied customer. > > I'll write to their head office (anyone know the names of the senior > managers?) but what are my rights? > > Dave

I just tried another store (Eastleigh) and it took less than 5 minutes to swap it with no questions asked. What a different experience to Nursling.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Your latter experience is more typical of B&Q IME.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Do still write to head office. That way the manager at Eastleigh can get a pat on the back, and the manager at Nursling can be "offered an opportunity to improve" :-)

Reply to
Martin Bonner

Already done - they're investigating.

Dave