Re: grouting /pointing gun

m.holley wrote in message ...

compresses the aggregates.
I wonder how well it would perform if the mix had a proper plasticiser in it? When I added lime to my mortar mix for the first time I was pleasently surprised at how, er, 'plastic' it was. Repeatedly tapping down on the block to line it up made the mix gradually bulge out of the joint like very thick coffee coloured cream. It looked as though it might work in a gun.
W.

When I tiled the kitchen walls I made one of these out of an old filler tube and it worked a treat - admittedly I was only using wall tile grout.
If you are careful (I used a 6 mm 300mm long drill bit) you can push the moving part of the tube back up till it pops out of the end. Fill it with grout and off you go.
Sean