Re: General Combi-boiler heating query

Andy Jeffries says...

It sounds like you need a room thermostat on your system! Of your two options the timed mode is best but a thermostat will allow you to do the job properly...
Peter
Peter Watson wrote:

Wiring up a living room stat to a combi in the kitchen is often tricky so this is why installers take the easy option of fitting TRVs in every room. I fitted a wireless programmable stat which is the bees-knees but these cost 80 upwards. By the way, building regs say you must have TRVs or a thermostat in every room. i.e. you cannot have uncontrolled heating as you have at the moment.
snip

Hi Bill
that's very misleading, building regs only tell you what you are allowed to do for a new build/installation or major alteration.
While not a very good system, and certainly not one to be encouraged, the OP is perfectly entitled to continue with an uncontrolled system if they so desire.
cheers
David
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:47:02 -0700, dgm wrote:

Thanks for the comment David (although that won't help me justify the cost of the TRV's to the wife!).
What's your opinion: non-TRV on a timer or TRV and on constantly?
Cheers,
Andy
On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 11:35:27 +0000, Andrew Gabriel wrote:

Yay! I'm back to justifying the cost of the TRVs to the wife easily.
Cheers,
Andy

And the cost of some great big shiny new tools to do it?
Suzanne