Re: French Windows - Draught and Weather sealing by design ?

Hi

> > I'm making some French Windows (42mm softwood) and want to know the > best available weather/draught seal that I can incorporate into the > design. > > None of the members are cut yet so I can cut a groove if necessary. > > TIA > > Nicholas

Hi Nicholas,

The best method is to overlap all the edges and fit some cushion foam draught excluder around them so that it fits together tightly. How are you securing them ?

Reply to
BigWallop

You might find some ideas at

- this firm deals with sash windows, but there are some seal ideas there.

________________________________________________________________ Sent via the PAXemail system at paxemail.com

Reply to
jerrybuilt

I'd make that

unless you want a nifty Canadian electrical version. ;-)

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Thank you for spotting that mistake, Mr. McArdle.