Re: footings and sewage pipes

Stephen Tames wrote:

pipe which is right against the party wall and his footings will touch the edge of it as they

No pinion on the leagilties, BUT I would be FAR happeire having a sewage pipe - as long as it is a straight single run - butted up to a wall than in soil where it might get dug up or smashed accidentally.
The only thing to worry about soli pipes are that they are intact, run in straight lines at teh appriate fall, and are protected against damgage AND can be rodded by having chambers at each and every bend...
I would use the opportunity to check the pipe thoriooughly, and maybe ebvcenm encase it IN the footings, or at least if it gets exposed, get hom to pay to lay a decent shingle bed under, and over it.
In other words, accept the inevitable, and get him to make a proper job of the mess he may make on your side of the line.
In case of sense of humour failure, get old Bonzo Dog Doodah band album and play 'my pink half of the drainpipe' repeatedly, at volume.