Re: Fixing plasterboard straight onto a wall

Plasterboard is pretty solid!

Why not used insulated plasterboard, it has a sort of insulating foam on the back?

CJH

Reply to
Chris Harris

Alreflex 2L2 is basically foil covered bubble wrap. Don't have any data to hand and website is under construction but I have seen it used as the only insulation in a new build.

I think the insulated plasterboard would be a better idea though, but not cheap.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Where might that foam 2mm underlay for laminates floors fit in all this - maybe worth thinking about? Wouldn't it have all the right standards met already, if it's sold for it's intended use anyway?

I'm thinking it sits between a room surface and it's outer shell, and is OK for sale for that use, so does it matter which surface of the the room it's resting on?? Wall as opposed to more normal floor (which might be concrete, with a membrane!) Better than bubble wrap methinks, but is it safe enough to try out? I bet it could retain much of the solid feel in the original brief too.

Not that I know much, but it seems a question worth asking anyway!

Take Care, Gnube

Reply to
Gnube

Its because I have some foil bubble wrap sheeting and plasterboard left over from previous jobs :-)

The bubble wrap might also act as a vapour block.

Thanks for the responses!

James

Reply to
James W