Re: Fixing felt-backed carpet

Anyone got any tips on fixing felt-backed carpet? I had a look

> through the archive but the jury still seemed to be out on the most > effective method.

I was advised to diy with a roll of sticky-back tape that is like the hook part of velcro, which the felt is supposed to hook into. It was crap (or perhaps it was my fitting!)

When I had the other flat done, the professional used spray adhesive and it did seem to work better, though as I sold the place weeks later I can't tell you how long it lasts

tim

> Was thinking about using a spray adhesive. Would this one from > Screwfix be OK? > >
> Alternatively, have seen self-adhesive velcro-type tape in B&Q but it > seems like an expensive way of laying a relatively cheap carpet. > > Thanks in advance, > > Mike
Reply to
tim