Re: Fischer Universal Frame Fixing 10 × 100mm?

In article , bob writes

Has anyone used these frame fixings? > >
>Are they any better than >
>I need to fit a softwood timber window to cavity wall. >

I haven't used those in particular but have found Fischer hammer and cavity fixings to be top notch and worth the extra plus the torx head stops the cam out that you might get on larger pozi headed fixings, the screwfix basics I'd describe as 'adequate'.

Reply to
fred

In article , Weatherlawyer writes

I have previously thought the same but when I needed something for a job that _had_ to be done on a certain day I bought the cheapies and the Fishers to see if it was worth the extra. Come the day it was the Fishers that went in first time every time & the screwfix cheapies cam'd out a half inch before completion (in a big size) so I buy what experience has told me is a better fitting. The cheapies will work 90% of the time but I want something that works 100% of the time.

Bloody hell, this could be an AH post :-D.

Reply to
fred

Don't get too excited, I drilled the holes with my 12.99 SDS (that was both the price and its weight in kg ;-)

Reply to
fred

In article , bob writes

I'd say 8mm would be fine, 100mm gives 50mm in the frame + 50mm in the brick, again fine.

My windows are sliding sash so the fix is a little different but the largest at

2.4m x 1.2m and are easily held by 3 off 8mm Fischer plugs & 2x10 screws on either side, rock solid.

Watch out for overtightening or the frame will be pulled out of shape.

Reply to
fred