Re: Fireproof enclosure for Consumer Unit?

You can get fire retardent board, used in chimneys to surround a flue pipe. Looks like plastrboard and is easily cut to shape. Dont know the cosrt but should be easily obtained.
Try www.envirograf.co.uk. They do intumescent lining for alsort of enclosures.
I have used their gaskets for drylining boxes in quantity.
snipped-for-privacy@lorcanhamill.com (Lorcan Hamill) wrote in message

What is a consumer unit? Meter boxes?
12mm glass fibre probably means the glass-lined plasterboard used in fireproofing. I believe one side is pink. I can't remember. The 100mm fibreglass is any wool of that sort with such a nominal thickness. A roll unravels to about that depth in a loft for instance.
In studding it is used to prevent fire from spreading behind the studwork by hanging a barricade of it on chicken-wire and by lining between ceilings and floors.