Re: Fireproof enclosure for Consumer Unit?

You can get fire retardent board, used in chimneys to surround a flue pipe. Looks like plastrboard and is easily cut to shape. Dont know the cosrt but should be easily obtained.

Reply to
Wheelbarrowbob

Try

They do intumescent lining for alsort of enclosures.

I have used their gaskets for drylining boxes in quantity.

Reply to
impvan

What is a consumer unit? Meter boxes?

12mm glass fibre probably means the glass-lined plasterboard used in fireproofing. I believe one side is pink. I can't remember. The 100mm fibreglass is any wool of that sort with such a nominal thickness. A roll unravels to about that depth in a loft for instance.

In studding it is used to prevent fire from spreading behind the studwork by hanging a barricade of it on chicken-wire and by lining between ceilings and floors.

Reply to
Michael McNeil