Re: Fingerless thin cotton gloves (update)

Hi All,

Just a quick line to say thanks to all who offered solutions re the above question.

A special thanks to Geoff (Raden) who pointed me towards:

"R Glover Ashcroft in Enfield". I was able to pop in there today and it was very pleasant to be treated like a valued customer again now "The Sheds" have taken over nearly all such places (this feeling was in spite of only leaving with a couple of 'samples' to see what worked best). ;-)

If anyone wants a good selection of gloves (it looks like if it's a glove they do it!) you would get quite a selection making up the minimum order value (maybe a you could get together with some mates for a batch of 'rigger' or 'gardening' gloves at good prices?

If you email rupert.cox I'm sure he would be pleased to look after you at r-glover-ascroft.com (mention me .. I mentioned my contact came via an Internet newsgroup and it might persuade them to get a simple web site going showing their product range?). ;-)

Or ring on 01992 717272. (My only link being a happy customer).

I'd also like to thank Paul as I bought an alternative pair from Boots ;-)

I managed to pick up a variant of Sheilas ''Fray Stopper' stuff but haven't tried it as yet.

The other links / references will be explored in due course .. ;-)

All the best and thanks again ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

===================== If you can't get 'Fray stopper' try cutting the fingers off with a pair of pinking shears. It might be cheaper in the long run.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Hmm, I think my mum had a pair of those (that I used to play with as a kid) .. are they the ones with a zig-zag cut?

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m

===================== If you can't get 'Fray stopper' try cutting the fingers off with a pair of pinking shears. It might be cheaper in the long run.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Ignore my second identical post - Outlook Express is playing tricks on me again.

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero