Re: Fein

Sadly not had any experience with the Feins, but if you're up in that price bracket then have a look at Milwaukee drills.
I have an Atlas Copco, which is their parent company & identical to the equivalent Milwaukee model, and I love it. Built to last.
cheers Richard
-- Richard Sampson

Assuming it's using stock size cells (sub C), I'd be suspicious of claims of high amp/hour batteries. They don't tend to last as well as good quality 'standard' capacity ones.
--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

London SW 12

The 3Ah are NiMH as apposed to NiCD in the more commonly available Cordless. If that's any help?
Simon wrote:

That's right. Top quality NiMh sub C's can now do 3300mA/h and pretty good discharge urrents - 60-70A. Top line Nicad is 2600mA/h IFRC. But those will do over 150A for *very* short bursts...
There is a move to phase out Nicads in favour of NiMh because of cadmium recycling problems. It is likley that most new tools will come equipped with NiMh.
They do suffer from shorter lifetimes and somewhat greater propensity to go flat if left idle.

I have experience of a Fein *corded* screwdrivers. This is like a drill, only slower, and has a clutch the engages when you push it in. Power is no problem, plenty more at the other end of the cord. The things are bulletproof, having lasted more than a decade of daily use, dropping, and kicking around in the back of the van at a cabinetmakers. If the quality of these extends to their other products, go for it.
You already know about the price, right?
Thomas Prufer