Re: Extendable ceiling rose thingy...

"Jim Ley" wrote | About 20 years ago I seem to remember these ceiling roses which had a | extension cable in them so you could have a ceiling light at any | height, I can't seem to find them existing anymore, I'm wondering if | it's new electrical requirements stopping it, if not anyone know where | I could get some?
Do you mean the spring rise-and-fall fittings or the counterweight ones?
There are modern counterweight ones at http://mkn.co.uk/furniture/lighting/fittings/yoyo $GBP
Shouldn't be too difficult to make one with a pully and a counterweight.
There is a spring one on Ebay right now, Item No 2550777671 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item%50777671
Ending in ** 16 hours *** at about ten quid right now, might be worthit just to cannibalise for bits
I tried looking on lightsaver.co.uk but couldn't see exactly what you want.
Owain
On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 22:27:58 +0100, "Owain"

I didn't mean the counterweight ones, and they look really nice in the picture, unfortunately the lights aren't for me, and the actual lightshade portion thingy has already been decided on.
The ones I was thinking of weren't spring based, they just had a cord which was wound up inside a big ceiling rose like thing and on a hoover like cord release thingy. (I'm good on these technical terms aren't I)

The lamp shade on that is identical (other than the colour) to the one I remember, but the extendable bit is different.

nor me, anywhere, which is why I wondered if they'd fallen foul of some regs.
Cheers,
Jim.