Re: Electronic/Automatic welding masks - a good thing?

for the most part they are brilliant, been using them for the past 5 years, think mine was 240 when I got it. The only downside is if you're using it in confined spaces or welding small structures where part of what you're welding may cover the sensor above the visor this will cause it to go light, also some of the cheaper ones I've tried work well for Mig and stick they are not to good for tig welding where again they dont seem sensative enough to DC welding to work correctly.

welding, so that final problem won't affect me. While looking around I saw one specifically for TIG that was actuated 'magnetically' by the TIG welder being energised.